Digital commerce by SmartScience
Advancing new possibilities for digital commerce purchasing experiences, by connecting customers and supplier products through Avantor’s global e-commerce platform.
Accelerating demand for scientific breakthrough requires an uninterrupted and robust supply chain from beaker to bulk. The SmartScience approach to digital commerce advances how supply chain, purchasing and inventory work together to better serve science, connecting customers to supplier products they need through Avantor’s global e-commerce platform – optimizing the way supply meets demand, from discovery to delivery.
Eliminating the four walls of yesterday's supply chain
Scientists rely on their organizations’ sourcing and purchasing platforms and processes needed to conduct their work. SmartScience enables efficient inventory management by helping to move beyond the segmented, single-organization approach of supply chain, and advance an integrated platform where all points from procurement, to purchasing to point-of-use are unified within a shared ecosystem – connecting customers with the products they need, to the brands and suppliers whose products serve these scientific workflows.
Our global, multi-lingual e-commerce platform is the foundation of these connected and convenient purchasing experiences, with an agile approach adapting to how our customers work, and features that help science work smarter:
- Products, Tools and Resources organized by applications and protocols, helping customers quickly and efficiently locate needed solutions for work in:
- Manage Account by checking order status, tracking shipments and setting user preferences.
- Access to a Shipping & Distribution network supplying over 6 million products from more than 4,000 suppliers globally.
- Compliance & Certification in ISO standards, focused on Quality, Environment as well as Health & Safety.
- Supplier Diversity commitment connects small and diverse suppliers to our customers by identifying products with icons representing Small Business Enterprise (SBE) and/or Minority/Women Business Enterprises (M/WBE).
- Our customers’ Sustainability goals supported by our Environmentally Preferred Products (EPP) as well as recycling and waste diversion solutions.
- Business-to-Business (B2B) integrations with customers’ purchasing platforms provide purchasing automation and efficiency, help control costs and increase productivity.
Our Business-to-Business (B2B) integration service further leverages the scale and services of our e-commerce platform, connecting the products available from our brands and those of our supplier partners with our customers through a variety of system integration options using standard, industry-accepted protocols, including:
- Standard and level two punch-outs
- Hosted catalogs
- Transactional support through electronic data interchange (EDI) services
Through B2B integrations with our supplier partners, customers have complete end-to-end supply chain visibility through:
- Order status updates
- Shipping notifications
- Inventory availability and management
Enjoy the simplicity of a single e-procurement portal for your purchasing requirements. Our team of business-to-business experts is ready to assist you with system integration supporting how you do business.