Semiconductor and MEMS
Maximizing yields with advanced materials
Advanced semiconductor chemicals, customizable chemistry platforms and low volatility silicones from Avantor® are engineered to help semiconductor fabs and MicroElectroMechanical Systems (MEMS) manufacturers meet process improvement goals faster, enhance product quality and speed up ramp time to the next node.
Our proven portfolio of J.T.Baker® semiconductor chemicals—photoresist strippers, residue removers and materials etching and cleaning chemistries—are used by leading semiconductor fabs worldwide.
And our NuSil® brand silicones support various levels of semiconductor packaging, including thermally and electrically conductive silicones for EMI and RFI shielding applications.
Enhancing FEOL and BEOL performance
Avantor’s J.T.Baker® chemicals for semiconductor and MEMS fabrication are used in multiple front-end-of-line (FEOL) and back-end-of-line (BEOL) process steps. Engineered to parts-per-trillion levels of purity, they can help fab operators:
- Efficiently and thoroughly remove bottom and sidewall residues
- Meet demanding requirements of the integration of novel metal integration schemes
- Utilize residue removers that offer selective etch capabilities
- Increase process margins for post-etch residue and sacrificial layer removal
- Consolidate wet process steps to lower total cost of ownership
Centers for technology and innovation
We continually invest in driving innovation for our materials and processes in close collaboration with the semiconductor and MEMS industries. Avantor has significant, ongoing R&D on chemistries for sub 10 nm/450 mm process nodes, backed by global supply chain resources and technology centers located in key industry areas:
- Our Taiwan Technology Center in Chubai City, Taiwan, supports the development of semiconductor chemicals and materials, serving as a “virtual fab” to provide real-time process simulation, testing and analysis on behalf of customers.
- Our NuSil silicone researchers in Carpinteria, CA and Bakersfield, CA provide state-of-the-art silicone characterization and customization solutions to customer design challenges, along with custom analytical services and standard quality assurance testing.
Semiconductor chemicals and MEMS materials products
Start improving your process performance now. Our innovative solutions for semiconductor and MEMS manufacturing include:
- Advanced copper process chemicals
- Aluminum process chemicals
- Material etching and cleaning chemistries
- Photoresist strippers
- Post-etch residue removers
- Surface preparation chemicals
Electronic silicone products
Choose from an industry-leading line of conformal coatings, encapsulants, adhesives and gels to protect vital electronic components and optimize device assembly.
- High-purity Silicone Solutions
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Market Guide
- Selection Guide for Al IC - 4009
- Selection Guide for Copper Low-k-4011
- Selection Guide for LED - 4010
- J.T. Baker® brand PRS-3000™ Stripper Technical Note
- J.T.Baker® brand PRS-2000™ Stripper Technical Note
- J.T. Baker® brand PRS-1000™ bulk photoresist stripper Technical Note
- Optoelectronics & Electronics Product Guide