Explore our Frankfurt biorepository & archiving facilityPlay Interactive Video
Discover The Secure European Biorepository and Archiving Facility by Avantor®
In an ever-changing landscape of biopharmaceutical research, reliably managing clinical trial samples and assets is more critical than ever. That’s why Avantor® operates an innovative purpose-built biorepository and archiving facility in Frankfurt, Germany meets the exacting needs of the industry.
Contact us or book a meeting with one of our sample management experts to discuss your requirements.
Our Frankfurt site offers best-in-class storage solutions and technologies to efficiently and effectively service every phase of your clinical trial’s lifecycle. This storage facility is located in central Europe, near the Frankfurt airport, and offers flexibility, scalability, and expertly managed storage for your clinical research assets. With secure systems and infrastructure that can receive, process, store, and distribute biological samples and specimens for clinical trials, Avantor offers the capabilities you need to safely handle your materials.
The site, which is flexible by design, has advanced security and monitoring systems with back-ups and redundancies. Its regulatory-compliant storage units and stringent proprietary material management system mean scientists can trust Avantor to store and handle every critical research asset meticulously to preserve sample integrity.
Avantor is a leading global industry partner and has invested expertise in developing this state-of-the-art, purpose-built site. Our experts can support your research trials and take the challenges out of biorepository and archiving by delivering superior quality service.
Avantor Clinical Services will safeguard your research assets. With 40+ years of experience and more than 100 million assets stored—never failing to return one—you can be assured that your samples will be treated with the attention and care needed to stay secure and within regulatory compliance.
Explore Our Frankfurt Facility in This Video
Infrastructure & systems
- Purpose-built, single occupancy facility
- 24/7/365 monitoring system
- Advanced security systems, backup, and full redundancy
- Oxygen reduction fire prevention system
- Sustainability – DGNB Gold Award, energy – EnEV certificated
- Proprietary material management system: real-time, multi-site visibility
- Complete traceability of samples
- 13 km from Frankfurt airport
- Direct service to 90+ major European cities, 300+ global destinations
- Access to 25+ European cargo destinations
- 24-hour sample return
Equipment & environment
- Storage range: -196°C to +21°C
- -80°C freezers
- -196°C vapor phase LN² tanks*
- +5°C and -20°C walk-in fridges and freezers
- Controlled room temperature (CRT) and humidity control
- 4000m² lab & warehouse space
- 8400m3 CRT storage (temperature and humidity-controlled)
- 85000m² available globally, allowing for risk mitigation through multi-facility storage
- GLP certified
- GxP compliance
- IATA-trained staff