Explore our Frankfurt biorepository & archiving facilityPlay Interactive Video
Discover Avantor’s secure European Biorepository and Archiving Facility
In an ever-changing landscape of biopharmaceutical research, reliable management of clinical trial samples and assets is more crucial than ever. Avantor’s innovative purpose-built biorepository and archiving facility in Frankfurt, Germany meets the exacting needs of the industry. The Frankfurt site offers best-in-class storage solutions and technologies to service every phase of your clinical trial’s lifecycle – efficiently and effectively.
Contact us or book in a meeting with one of our sample management experts to discuss your requirements.
Strategically located in central Europe (near the Frankfurt airport) this purpose-built site offers flexibility, scalability, and expertly managed storage for your clinical research assets. With secure systems and infrastructure that can receive, process, store, and distribute biological specimens for clinical trials, Avantor can offer you the capabilities you need for safer, more reliable, handling of your materials. The site, which is flexible by design, has advanced security systems with back-ups and redundancies. With its regulatory compliant storage and stringent proprietary material management system, scientists can trust Avantor to store and handle every critical research asset with meticulous care.
Avantor is an established industry partner and we’ve invested our expertise into the development of this state-of-the-art, purpose-built site. Here, our experts provide vital support to your research trials, and take the challenges out of biorepository and archiving by providing a superior standard of service.
Avantor Clinical Services will safeguard your research assets without compromise. With 40+ years of experience, and over 100 million assets stored – never failing to return one – you can be assured that your samples will be treated with the attention and care needed to stay secure and within regulatory compliance.
Explore Frankfurt! By viewing our NEW interactive video
Infrastructure & systems
- Purpose-built, single occupancy facility
- 24/7/365 monitoring
- Advanced security systems, back-up and full redundancy
- Oxygen reduction fire prevention system
- Sustainability – DGNB Gold Award, energy – EnEV certificated
- Proprietary material management system: real-time, multi-site visibility
- Complete traceability of samples
- 13 km from Frankfurt airport
- Direct service to 90+ major European cities, 300+ global destinations
- Access to 25+ European cargo destinations
- 24 hours sample return
Equipment & environment
- Storage range: -196°C to +21°C
- -80°C freezers
- -196°C vapor phase LN² tanks*
- +5°C and -20°C walk-in fridges and freezers
- Controlled room temperature (CRT) and humidity control
- 4000m² lab & warehouse space
- 8400m3 CRT storage (temperature and humidity-controlled)
- 85000m² available globally, allowing for risk mitigation through multi-facility storage
- GLP certified
- GxP compliance
- IATA-trained staff
We don't just store, we take care