New European Biorepository and Archiving Facility
A purpose-built, state-of-the-art facility now open in Frankfurt, Germany
Best-in-class solutions and infrastructure, providing safe and secure critical research asset management that scientists can trust.
For over 40 years, Avantor Clinical Services has taken meticulous care of sample and research assets. This same care and approach to asset management and storage is mirrored in our new biorepository and archiving facility.
Strategically located close to Frankfurt’s airport, it enables rapid and reliable access to research assets at all times, adding to our extensive global footprint.
With state-of-the-art systems and flexible infrastructure, our Frankfurt facility provides a controlled and monitored environment that can be customized to meet your biorepository and archiving needs.
In our 40+ years of activity, we have stored over 100 million samples and never failed to return one.
See it under construction in just 90 seconds
Infrastructure & systems
- Purpose-built, single occupancy facility
- 24/7/365 monitoring
- Advanced security systems, back-up and full redundancy
- Oxygen reduction fire prevention system
- Sustainability – DGNB Gold Award, energy – EnEV certificated
- Proprietary material management system: real-time, multi-site visibility
- Complete traceability of samples
- 13 km from Frankfurt airport
- Direct service to 90+ major European cities, 300+ global destinations
- Access to 25+ European cargo destinations
- 24 hours sample return
Equipment & environment
- Storage range: -196°C to +21°C
- -80°C freezers
- -196°C vapor phase LN² tanks
- +5°C and -20°C walk-in fridges and freezers
- Controlled room temperature (CRT) and humidity control
- 4000m² lab & warehouse space
- 8400m3 CRT storage (temperature and humidity-controlled)
- 85000m² available globally, allowing for risk mitigation through multi-facility storage
- GLP Certified
- GxP compliance
- IATA-trained staff
- We don't just store, we take care