Inventory management solutions
Efficient stockroom and point-of-use inventory management - having exactly the product needed, where expected - is the engine powering your scientists’ ability to focus on their work at the bench, and your lab’s ability to produce results on time. Working with Avantor, we provide the on-site personnel, processes, and technology to help you leverage a holistic inventory management approach rooted in streamlined scientific enablement.
TEAMS, TECHNOLOGY, TRANSPARENCY: INVENTORY-ENABLED SCIENCE
From warehouse to point-of-use, inventory supports every touch point along a lab work stream. Anywhere along this path, and especially at the bench, unexpected variances can create costly research and output delays. That’s why at Avantor, we deploy over 160 years of scientific and supply chain expertise to cohesively manage and optimize end-to-end, transparent inventory solutions to support your scientific objectives.
Your team – procurement and lab management, and high-value scientific personnel – can rely on our on-site teams to help you implement and operate an inventory ecosystem ensuring optimal stock levels, process efficiencies and overall controlled spend across your lab’s entire enterprise.
INVENTORIES, OPTIMIZED: AVANTOR’S APPROACH TO INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
With Avantor, you have an on-site partner focused on freeing scientists from doubling as procurement managers and reducing excess inventory and administrative overhead that affect your lab’s bottom line.
- On-site teams help to establish current and develop optimized inventory baselines, deploying expertise in inventory planning, stocking, and cost management
- Implementation of our proprietary cloud-based Inventory Manager software, seamlessly integrated into your procurement systems, supports the digitization of your inventory management processes. This enables data-based procurement, task management, and reporting that serve as cornerstones of an optimized lab inventory ecosystem:
- Data-based procurement. On-site personnel coordinate vendor-agnostic procurement through Inventory Manager’s global purchasing platform, accessing thousands of manufacturer’s products, including the millions of products available through our channel brand, VWR, and the MarketSource portfolio of products and sourcing solutions
- Procurement task management. On-site teams streamline time-consuming yet critical tasks such as invoice reconciliation, purchase order management, and vendor consolidation
- Real-time reporting and data metrics. On-site teams run ad hoc and scheduled reporting on real-time inventory levels and replenishment needs. With all inventory transactions centralized through Inventory Manager, our teams help you access data across the enterprise to inform decision-making and planning per project, as well as anticipated lab needs over time
CUSTOMIZED PRODUCT FLOW THROUGHOUT THE LAB
These activities then inform on insights into your lab’s operational and research product use patterns used to assess, pinpoint, and procure specific products your lab requires to optimize project output and overall lab productivity.
Throughout all, our team manages your end-to-end inventory solutions so your team can focus on what they do best – enabling science from discovery to delivery.
Leverage Avantor’s end-to-end inventory management solutions and refocus valuable time back on science. Contact us to get started today.