Remaining vigilant in how we are addressing COVID-19
We continue to be vigilant in our response to the pandemic by following precautionary safety guidance from credible health agencies such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).
We’ve implemented COVID-19 response measures across the board:
- Remote work – We have enabled employees to work remotely as much as possible and encouraged virtual collaboration, interaction and meetings.
- Infection control – We have requested that all global employees continue practices such as social distancing, wearing face coverings for those reporting to an Avantor facility, washing hands frequently and thoroughly, and staying home if they feel sick.
- Service provider interaction – We have requested that our carriers and delivery service providers also take similar steps to minimize risk to our employees, including practices such as social distancing, washing hands frequently and thoroughly, and staying home if they feel sick.
- Travel – We have placed full travel restrictions on Company business travel, and implemented a 14-day self-quarantine for those who have recently returned from travel. The travel restrictions we implemented early on due to the pandemic have not changed. Our associates continue to follow all local government restrictions and any guidelines provided by you, our customer.
- Visitors – We have implemented new requirements for visitors to our sites, such as travel declarations.
- Handling protocols – We have provided training to associates who handle product and/or interact with drivers from third-party organizations who deliver goods and services to our facilities. Based on guidance from local health authorities, appropriate PPE will be provided as needed.
- Resuming visits to our customers – We recognize the situation remains fluid. Any decision to resume visits to our customers and conduct related activities is based on business-critical productivity or customer-connectivity needs. In cases where an onsite visit is required, we have established a pre-authorization process. This standard approach has been deployed globally. Once approved to go to a particular location, our associates must adhere to all local government and customer safety guidelines and recommendations, including social distancing, health, hygiene, and other precautionary measures. Your sales or commercial representative can discuss our step-by-step process prior to a visit.
The COVID-19 pandemic is both global and evolving. We are working diligently to adapt to new developments and to share updates with customers.
We are with our customers every step of the way. Nothing has changed in this regard.
For any questions regarding our products, please contact your Avantor Sales Representative.
If you cannot reach your representative, contact our Customer Service Team.
For logistical updates
Please keep us updated on any operational changes that may impact your ability to accept our shipments.
Please contact your local Sales Representative or local Customer Service Team with changes to any logistical handling needs.
We are making sincere efforts to provide useful updates to our customers as conditions evolve.
Supporting research on COVID-19
We've provided easy access to critical products needed for the identification and research of COVID-19.