Corporate social responsibility
Avantor® is committed to creating a better world. We live that commitment each day across the globe, making a difference in the communities where we work and live. To accomplish this, we create and follow business practices that enhance the way Avantor helps our associates, suppliers, customers and communities.
We achieve this through initiatives including:
- Active engagement in our communities.
- Being sustainable through people, plant and performance.
- Giving back through the Avantor Foundation.
EHS principles and processes
That commitment includes our steadfast dedication to the safety of our communities, our colleagues and the environment. As a global manufacturer, we are committed to complying with all environmental, health and safety (EHS) regulatory requirements in every region in which we operate.
Our cross-functional approach to EHS involves EHS professionals and process engineers who proactively identify potential risks and implement solutions to prevent accidents or environmental impacts before they occur. A robust auditing program in place at all of our global facilities ensures that we are able to measure our performance to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
Core EHS areas of focus
- Protect our people, facilities and the environment
- Compliance with regulatory and international requirements, including: ISO 14001, SEVESO, OSHA, EPA, DOT, and more
- Monitor regulatory agencies for changing requirements
- Partner with operational leaders to meet EHS requirements
- Ensure effective communication