Equipment management process
Maximizing performance and value through comprehensive equipment management
Equipment and instrument services
Avantor® can help you ensure the results of your lab’s research are accurate, reliable, and reproducible. Our lab compliance services help ensure your instruments and equipment are validated, maintained correctly, and in compliance with internal and external standards and regulations.
From initial installation to calibration, validation, and certification, Avantor partners with you to make sure your lab equipment—from thermometers to refrigerators—works as it should and meets the needs of your team and scientific protocols.
Avantor validates your equipment according to three protocols. They are:
- Installation qualification (IQ). Documents and verifies that environmental conditions for installation in your lab conform to the manufacturer’s guidelines and that the equipment is set up according to those specifications.
- Operational qualification (OQ). Shows how an instrument will function in your lab according to the operational specifications of the manufacturer. This step demonstrates and tests the equipment's control, functionality, and operation and if they meet the parameters provided by the manufacturer.
- Performance qualification (PQ). Tests and substantiates that the instruments and equipment consistently perform according to the criteria established for your lab. PQ is a documented verification of the equipment’s performance within the process and system throughout all anticipated operation ranges.
Our proactive approach to equipment and validation services means you will have a compliance program that helps ensure your lab will be functional with correctly maintained lab equipment supported by proper documentation.
Lab equipment in compliance, from installation to validation
Avantor understands the importance of equipment and instrument accuracy. Your colleagues need to know that the daily equipment is calibrated correctly to achieve reliable and repeatable results.
Our technicians work independently, with a third party, or with your staff to calibrate and validate your laboratory equipment and instruments against several criteria, including:
- Manufacturer specifications and standards.
- Accreditation standards and regulatory requirements (International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and others.
- Avantor’s set of specifications and standards.
Our ISO 17025 accreditation in many countries shows we can provide compliance services and certifies that our skilled technicians meet internal and external standards.
We’re committed to making sure your equipment is calibrated correctly and maintained. That lets your team plan with the assurance they can incorporate properly working equipment into their workflows. It also helps ensure your results are accurate and reliable, so you will not have to waste time and money re-doing costly experiments.
We validate your lab equipment, from installation to use.
Equipment validation is a quality assurance process that documents that a piece of equipment meets manufacturer specifications and satisfies its requirements for accurate operation. We break the validation process into three steps—IQ, OQ, and PQ—to help ensure your lab complies with FDA, GMP/GLP, and other regulations.
Auditable records can ease compliance concerns
Successful audits require traceable, correct documentation of equipment calibration and services.
But the administrative tasks of documenting and organizing information about your equipment can be time-consuming and challenging, particularly if your lab has equipment from multiple vendors and manufacturers.
Just as calibration is necessary for reliable research results, maintaining documentation of calibration services is essential for audits. Many labs rely on their staff to calibrate and document the process, but that can be a problem unless trained in the calibration and documentation process.
Avantor’s trained and accredited technicians can help you plan for routine calibration and maintenance and ensure your documentation is organized and easily accessible whenever you need it, from when your new equipment is delivered until it is decommissioned and removed.
Find out how you can work with Avantor to help ensure your lab equipment is calibrated correctly, validated, and always in compliance. Contact us today.