Biorepository and Archiving Services
Successful clinical research and manufacturing require reliable access to high-quality, compliant, and adaptable storage and asset management services. That’s why biorepository and archive storage facilities by Avantor® are equipped to store your research materials and manufactured products, so they protect sample integrity and meet your clinical and manufacturing needs. Our complete lifecycle management system and logistics capabilities meet your requirements for clinical trials, drug development, or other research and manufacturing projects.
Biorepository solutions for biological samples
Our essential solutions for storing biological samples and other materials include:
- Non-clinical archiving
- Clinical biorepository
- Manufacturing material
- Specialized logistics
- Secure disposal
- On-site support services
- Data management
Many of the services Avantor provides are easily scalable and customizable to meet your needs.
Storage facility transportation
Our cold chain logistics models ensure you get your assets quickly and safely, wherever you are. We are diligent custodians of everything in our biorepositories: We inspect and index materials to ensure you get what you need. We track shipments in real-time using our transparent, automated tracing software.
Expert monitored storage
Your assets are stored in ideal conditions in QA-standardized, purpose-built, state-of-the-art facilities. Avantor’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) uphold extensive quality-control measures to help ensure full regulatory compliance.
At each global storage facility, we implement layers of backups and redundancies to ensure all assets are securely stored in the event of power failure or similar disruption. And our GLP and IATA-trained experts are dedicated to helping you maintain a sustained, streamlined workflow.
Safe asset return
Avantor’s cold chain logistics models ensure we meet your requested assets’ specific requirements. We monitor, track, and trace asset location in real-time throughout the research lifecycle.
Our consistency of care results in the safe receipt of biorepository assets. Our expert team has been entrusted with the care of more than 100 million samples over more than 40 years, and we have never failed to return a single sample.
Biorepository services, for your needs
Clinical research assets underpin the reproducible results and investigatory outcomes powering scientific discovery and innovation. Our biorepository and archiving services allow us to address all essential verification requirements on your behalf, enabling you to dedicate more time and resources to lab work.
Wide-Ranging Services From a Provider You Can Trust
Avantor’s biorepository and archiving services address four essential requirements:
- Sample logistics. We manage your clinical and manufacturing needs with efficient and reliable logistics expertise and provide 24-hour sample returns.
- Material indexing and management. Our proprietary LabTrak system gives you flexible material indexing and instant digital access to assets and reports.
- Lifecycle management. We care for all your materials, from creation through shipping, storage, and eventual disposal.
- Customized and dedicated service. Our on-site experts manage your assets from step one, with dedicated teams overseeing every stage of the process with automated tracking that helps ensure continuity of care.
Avantor’s expert services conform to regulatory, quality, and audit standards. Our data management and sample retrieval systems help ensure validity and compliance for your critical research assets.
We have more than 3 million cubic feet (85,000 cubic meters) of GxP-compliant storage space in the United States and Europe. That gives us the scale and flexibility needed to globally manage all stages of your biorepository and archiving requirements for preclinical and clinical trials.
Avantor Services at a Glance
In addition to our biorepository and archiving capabilities, our facilities offer:
- Recognized industry-leading support and flexible services that reduce your effort and costs.
- Validated LabTrak material management systems that help ensure accurate inventories and indexing and provides secure online access to submit work requests and generate reports.
- Specialized logistics services, including freight forwarding, secure disposal, and customized logistics support, that meet further clinical needs.
Material Indexing and Management
Our services go beyond clinical trial support. We also offer manufacturing material services, including:
- Storage, collection, and distribution of regulated manufacturing material.
- Material logistics with support consolidation and lifecycle management of manufacturing material.
- Digital indexing of materials with LabTrak to ensure the accuracy of your inventory, resolve discrepancies, and standardize your inventory to maximize savings.
- Material management, including site relocations, custom programs, study audits, and material licensing, sales, or acquisition support.
- Archiving solutions, including regulated data management for paper and electronic data.
- Compliant material storage with validated environmental monitoring across a full range of storage environments, backup equipment, power sources, fire detection and suppression systems, emergency response teams, and business continuity procedures that ensure secure long-term preservation.
From initial request through project completion, we offer:
- Lifecycle sample management, including specialized sealing and repackaging, site relocations, study audits, support for specimen licensing, and disposal.
- Non-clinical support services to manage materials, including long-term preservation, paraffin block sealing, off-site project support, support for licensing, acquisitions, sales, and disposal.
Customized and Dedicated Service
Avantor’s Clinical Services teams include:
- Trained and licensed logistics personnel experienced in managing hazardous, radioactive, secure cold-chain, and controlled substances.
- Industry-leading experts who oversee all strategic, operational, and tactical activities and manage custom projects and programs for complete support solutions.
Contact our expert research support team today to learn more about how Avantor Clinical Services can meet your needs.