Efficiency in sample processing and management allows clinical trial managers to reduce costs and increase the security of their research samples. For more than 40 years, Avantor has been innovating to meet scientific research needs. Our ongoing commitment to providing the highest levels of research asset care is extended through our capability to deliver in-house aliquoting services. Many research samples require aliquoting to generate child samples for distribution to third party laboratories and clinical partners.
Avantor customers can now simply specify the volume and nature of samples required and provide destination information; child samples can be picked, packed and shipped directly with a full end-to-end audit trail. Alternatively, parent and child samples are indexed within our proprietary material management system and then stored in our temperature-controlled biorepository – all being processed with Avantor’s meticulous levels of care while minimizing the chain of custody.
Reducing sample risk
We’ve built our aliquoting service around four key principles important to clinical research professionals:
- Risk reduction. Fewer links in the chain of custody and automatic sample backup to minimize risks to critical research assets.
- Storage. Parent or child samples destined for long or short-term storage can be processed and packaged for future use.
- Sample integrity. Every sample is automatically indexed and tracked through every step of the process.
- Timesaving. Automated aliquoting cuts the time taken to produce aliquots at volume and manage data, with integration into our proprietary material management system further increasing efficiency.
Key aliquoting service offerings at a glance
- Sample processing and storage under one roof, for increased efficiency, greater integrity, and lower transportation risk.
- High-volume automated aliquoting standardized for consistency, generating outputs from hundreds to thousands of units.
- Sample sizes from 1μl to 5ml, with aspiration accuracy down to the microliter, dispensed into optimal-sized tubes.
- Secure sample preparation and data management – with time saving automated de-capping, record-keeping plus custom labelling; records automatically generated and maintained with file manifest to guarantee audit trail requirements.
If you’d like to know why clients are using aliquoting solutions integrated with biorepository services from Avantor Clinical Services, contact our dedicated research support team today.