The Avantor Foundation, established in 2009 as the VWR Foundation, was founded by a group of associates dedicated to giving back to the science community.
As a global business, we recognize the importance of making a difference by helping to advance science.
The Foundation mission is to support organizations and programs aligned with three strategic priorities:
- Advance RESEARCH for new innovation and scientific application
- Improve HEALTH and WELL-BEING
- Build greater awareness and improvement in SCIENCE EDUCATION
Since its inception, the Foundation has celebrated many key milestones:
- 2009 – Established with the IRS and gave its first grant
- 2010 – Launched the VWR Matching and VWR Collection programs
- 2012 – Provided its 50th grant of over $100,000 to build a science lab at the Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School
- 2014 – Celebrated its 5-year anniversary and surpassed the $1 million-dollar mark in donations
- 2016 – Surpassed the $2 million-dollar mark in donations to over 120 organizations and programs
- 2018 – Surpassed the $4 million-dollar mark in donations
- 2019 – Celebrated its 10-year anniversary
The Foundation continues to provide grants to worthy organizations aligned with its mission. To date, it has provided over $4 million worth of grants to more than 240 organizations.
To learn more about the Avantor Foundation or to apply for a grant, visit the Foundation’s home page.